Sunday 22 December 2013

A day at the farm

Today I went to my aunts farm for delivering Christmas gifts. Man, how much I missed that place, I haven't been there for ages and it's just like I remember it. It's a pretty big farm with cattle, horses and many fields and much ground. They've a lovely border collie and alaskan husky mix there named Tara. She's kind of hyperactive, but she's only 2 years old, so maybe she'll settle down soon.
Beethoven loved being able to run freely on the fields and the farmyard to keep things in order. Unfortunate, I live in the city, so I don't have as much opportunities to let him out as much as I would like. He was a happy little ball of fur. He looked like a little fox. I never thought that the dog could run that fast, but I was wrong. Made me think about trying him in agility sometime, would be fun.
He and Tara didn't go very well to begin with. Tara isn't well socialized with other dogs, so she isn't very reliable. She's kind of... crisp. Had to have her in a cage for some time. After a couple of walks together the dogs were getting to know each other. Next time, maybe they're able to play together.
The day at the farm got me thinking about a lot of things. I've a goal of saving for a farm, the visit made me so much more motivated to save the money that's needed. Cutting out all the stuff that isn't needed. Also, it made me realize I had some more work do to on the socialize part on Beethoven. He's getting well along with small dogs, and dogs that isn't too forward, so to say. But he still needs to learn how to deal with dogs that's at a little higher pace than him. Maybe, if he just gets older, that may come by itself.
I'm so proud of my boy. He didn't bite or jump on anyone today, normally he's so over excited about meeting new people, but today he handled it good and well. I saw some of his teethes


are growing out in the wrong spot, so I'm hoping it will get better by itself and not having the vet involved. I'm sorry about the quality of the pictures. They were taken by my mobile phone, so they're not very good. I forgot to bring my camera to the farm.

Hoping everyone's having a safe celebration. Happy holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment