Tuesday 28 January 2014

Give the dog tasks in day life

Dogs love to feel useful for their owners. Like they have an important job to do. It doesn't have to be an big job either. What can these tasks be, you may ask. Some dogs carries backpacks for their owners or pull carts. Some dogs closes the door after walking in.
Now in winter, my little ball of fur carries my gloves up the stairs to my apartment. Of course, I could carry them myself, but my dog lights up every time he's allowed to. He also fetches my keys before going on a walk. (probably wouldn't do it if he had bigger mouth though.)
These are really simple tasks for a dog to do, and it doesn't make a bother for the owner. Other tasks may be fetching the newspaper, a bottle, cleaning up his toys, carrying the leash, waking up the kids for school, helping with the laundry... The list goes on and on. It's just creativity that limits the options. I believe that dogs gets more harmonic if they get to do things in the household. To be a part of the family in a different way and to have a task that's for him only.If a little task makes your dog happy, why wouldn't you allow him to?

No comments:

Post a Comment