Wednesday 27 November 2013

About the blog

The blog will be about my british type shetland sheepdog from puppy-hood to adulthood. On the journey to go as far as we can in obedience and freestyle/heelwork to music, whether it's first class or as an Elite, we'll be enjoying the journey just as much. Silkwizards Dream the Magic (Beethoven as everyday name.) are a playful little puppy that love to make trouble and disturbance, but he's also very willing to please and eager to learn. Born on August the 4. 2013, which makes him 4 months old while I'm writing this. Beethoven are my first dog, so I've just as much to learn as the dog. Of course, the dog life isn't just about work, just as important to have fun and discover the world.

The reason why I choose a sheltie... I love to work with dogs, to keep it short. I live in a small apartment, but wanted a dog that was a serious working dog, but didn't take too much space. Considered a border collie, but figured it would be too much of a dog for me. I fell in love with those pretty little dogs with their drip ears after I first met one. She had the most amazing temper and was such a lovely dog overall. The more dogs I met, the more I fell in love. I just had to get one of these lovely dogs. I haven't regretted the choice once since then. But still, I had 4 years to decide what kind of dog I wanted and to look closer into them. Having a dog has been a dream since my childhood. Health was and still is very important to me, and the sheltie (north europe at least.) are relatively healthy compared to a lot of other working dogs.

So about me. I'm a 21 year old lady, which fully and wholly believes in positive interaction and cohesion, rather than scolding and punishment. You may have already guessed that I'm a clicker trainer. I just don't train with clicker, but clicker training. I'm also a violin player (beginner.), which do some study on lutherie on the side.


No comments:

Post a Comment